Time Attack involves running timed laps to find the quickest car around a circuit and Calder Park Raceway is the place to test drivers and their cars to see who will be Australia’s ultimate car forum club. Entry Fee $200
1. The event will be conducted at Calder Raceway utilising the National Circuit Short Track as per the map below including a temporary chicane as part of the back straight.
2. The event has been scheduled amongst other Rally Calder events for between 10:20am and 12:00pm on Saturday 3rd March
3. A general compulsory drivers briefing will be held with time and location to be confirmed. Any driver not in attendance will be excluded.
4. This event will consist of 2 x 10-minute lap sessions, (up to 8 vehicles at a time), per competitor in a clockwise direction as per the map below. Vehicles will be grouped in order of speed at the discretion of the promoter.
5: The outright winners of this event will be determined by the competitor who posts the quickest time in any of the nominated Sprint sessions throughout the day.
6. Timing is yet to be determined and will be communicated to entrants prior to the event. Timekeepers will be considered Judges of Fact. Reruns will only be permitted at the discretion of the Clerk of Course.
7. There are likely to be NO PASSING ZONES at various parts of the track. These will be advised at Drivers Briefing, and be marked by yellow flags. Any driver observed passing in these areas will be summoned to appear in front of the stewards.
8.. CAMS Insurance will be provided as per Appendix I of the 2012 Manual of Motor Sport.
9: Any competitor who damages any part of the safety fencing at any point around the track may be billed directly by Calder Park and/or the promoter for its repair or replacement.
10. Due to likely congestion at the event ALL competition cars entered in this event must enter the raceway prior to 6:30am and be setup in their nominated pit bay (to the right of the dummy grid as you face the track) prior to 7am. Security guards on the gate will request proof of entry for both vehicle and crew. Persons holding general admission ticketing will only be able to enter the track within the times open to the public.
11. Cars may only enter the Dummy Grid area when called up and must be ready at least 10 minutes prior to their nominated track time allocation which will be communicated . No spectators or competitors will be permitted past the Dummy Grid area. Given the complex nature of this multi-disciplined event competitors are encouraged to keep in close contact with the competitor relations officer regarding scheduling and timing.
12. The use of this course, due to the VHT on the main straight, is high weather dependent and is likely to be cancelled or re-routed if wet.
For further information on Supplementary Regulations http://forumbattle.com.au/regulations/